Monday, March 15, 2010

Today's Culinary Arts Class

Today's assignments were: Make chocolate roses from couverture chocolate and make a perfect cake. My 14 yr old sister made the roses and I made the "perfect cake". I think it turned out great! It's a lemon flavored cake with a tight crumb; raspberry preserves; and light, creamy, fluffy, lemony buttercream frosting; and the cake is sprinkled with sweetened shredded coconut. It only needs strawberry preserves to be my perfect cake.
I was joking to Mama that if I ever got married and had children, my family would be rather fat because I like to bake so much. Hopefully we're almost through this culinary arts cycle; I'm feeling fat myself.

Take a look:Slicing,

Spreading,

Layering,

Ta-da! Finished product! I'm making a tutorial because Mama took so many pictures. Let me know if you want me to post it.

Here's my sister's project: couverture chocolate roses.

White chocolate mixture. Melted and molded,

Chilled and rolled out,

Colored, cut,

Shaped,

Voila! Aren't they gorgeous? We thought that she had brought in some roses for reference, but it's still winter! I love the one on the far left.

~Sophia

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your cake and flowers! They look yummy and beautiful!

Blessings
Loraine

Anonymous said...

whoa. that is one good looking cake.

Sophia said...

Thank you!

Miss Kellie said...

^O^ omg do you think you could share the recipe? :D