I hope that everyone had a good Thanksgiving full of gratitude.
We ate our meal and spent the day together on Wednesday because Dad had to work on Thursday. I ended up making the dressing, turkey, rolls and pie crusts (half of our family was getting allergy shots). I had help with everything else, like mashed potatoes, broccoli and gravy.
We gave thanks and ate, but a few hours later we all were sick with food poisoning. We think it was the turkey, but we're not sure. The turkey, gravy and dressing were thrown out; I think it's sort of ironic, but a disappointment, of course.
I missed out on my dress rehearsal for my ice skating performance. I'm not sure how it will turn out, I've only practiced the routine twice : (
Anyway, an update on life in general. This last month I've been making presents and alternating catching up/getting behind in school. Some things that have happened:
1. I've beaten my record on "Outrage" by Capital Lights. I've listened to it 71 consecutive times. It's about 3:50 minutes long.
2. Our new (six months old) computer burnt out. It generated this really bad burning smell and just stopped. It took all of our pictures and videos since May, my essays and reviews, my pictures, the books I was writing and worst of all, all of my music. Of course, there is a teensy-tiny chance that everything might be recovered; we're hoping for the best.
3. I've achieved 80% completion on my 1850's winter wool dress, and I might have it done by my next Nisqually event. Nisqually can get pretty cold, so I really need to finish. I've been procrastinating since March.
4. I cleaned my room and more amazingly, my desk. We decorated for Christmas too.
5. I have acquired a costume for my skating performance (and finished costumes for my teammates).
6. I've completed a few Christmas presents.
Looking over this list, I've decided that not much has happened in the last month. . .
Time has really sped up this last year, it's so crazy.
I think it would be cool to post on my blog more, because then I wouldn't have to make really long posts. I should do that. . .(she says, knowing that of course she won't : ))